Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 46 - Second life

Often a highlight of my day at work comes at 2pm; that's when the parcel deliveries come and my eBay purchases arrive. They range from iPad accessories to photography accessories - all cheap stuff from Hong Kong and China; today the last piece of my motorcycle customization arrived, the handlebar grips. Trolling the internet one day I got hooked on the Cafe Racer motorcycle concept. They were originally built in the 40's post war times for amateur racing based on old Triumphs or Harleys. I bought my Honda motorcycle because it had a great v-twin engine was learner legal and light weight. As I don't ride that often I really couldn't justify replacing it, so I decided the best thing to do was to try and turn it into a Cafe Racer. So laid out on my garage floor are some new lower handlebars, end bar mirrors and of course my new handlebar grips. That is the parts list for stage one of my conversion and now the easy part of acquisition is on hold while the harder part of putting it together begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment