Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42 - Room to move


When Dani and I moved in together, we opted for my bed as it was a bit more comfy, although as it was only a double despite not being big people, we would need to get use to having less space.  So for the past eighteen or so months I've been sleeping on the edge of the bed in danger of falling to the floor and Dani has been in at risk of being elbowed when I shift during the night.  We always planned to get a new ensemble when we move to our new home, but thought why wait?  So a couple of weeks ago we were walking through the home centre in Castle Hill when I suggested we take a look in the Beds'R'Us shop.  All mattress manufacturers like to give their products impressive names and the "Platinum 7" certainly fit this bill.  As we had to dispose of our current bed first, I hired a ute and with the assistance of my dad, we picked up the new bed, took it home and took our old bed to mum and dad's place for the guest room.  Lots of lifting, sliding and maneuvering, just like the old days when we worked together at his bed shop.  When done, Dani and I went to get some sheets and while we were there picked up this quilt cover too.  And the first night's sleep?  Bliss, with room to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment