Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 38 - Improvised assembly tooling


With steel work to begin tomorrow I had to get the mobile scaffolding ready.  I rang around to see what it would cost to rent compared to buying and they came out better to buy given our timeframe.  The only thing was that I would need to put it together; or should that be we?  I enlisted the help of my dad to meet me onsite and we began working out how this stuff went together.  I unloaded my spanners, socket set and screwdrivers from the car, not knowing what to expect.  When we took a closer look at the scaffold it suddenly looked a lot easier as it held itself together with quick release clips.  We unpacked the poles and looked at the instructions after some trial and error, particularly struggling to get the ladder to work - which we later ditched, it was done.  The only tool we needed was a block of wood which is the tool of choice for all things easy to assemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment