Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 44 - In the middle

Those who have been following my blog would know that Dani and I are building our home this year. What I haven't mentioned is that we are doing an owner builder construction. This has meant I've had to learn on my feet all there is to know about the building trade as I play the messenger or in some cases mediator between the various trades. Tonight was a case example where the roof truss company wanted an engineered beam to support the butterfly roof above the kitchen. Sounds easy? Well as is often the case it means going back and forth with questions between the parties and as I was not confident everyone was on the same page, I decided to put it on a single page. We may not have solved this problem yet but at least we're all talking about the same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment