Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 80 - Messy dinners


Tonight's meal was a classic Prawn Laksa.  I use to have these quite often for lunch when I worked in Haymarket and the side effect was the increase in dry cleaning for my splattered neck ties.  Trying to save preparation time we bought the shelled prawns only to discover the need for the shells to make the prawn stock.  Luckily we had some dried prawns in the cupboard which were the perfect substitute.  Once done we plated up and I ladled the soup over the noodles so the mess could begin.  As the handling of noodle soup with chopsticks is splash prone, we did well to keep most of the soup off the table and our clothes as I was betting on another dry cleaner visit.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I wouldn't be using chopsticks - I can't manage them properly with more solid food!

    ReplyDelete