Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 74 - A collecting addiction

When it comes to not having enough, magazines fit the bill for me. I've been collecting my magazines for a long time and I would estimate I'd have over 1,000 saved in my plastic storage containers through the house (and not to mention my parents' garage). The predominant topic is unsurprisingly automobiles. It started in 1989 with Modern Motor, soon Wheels followed and then the British classic car mags, F1 Racing and my often mentioned Delicious Magazine. I've dipped my toes in the water with quite a few other publications such as New Scientist, Two Wheels, Houses and Master Chef - none of these have stuck. But what I like reading most in my magazines are the stories of the people behind the car, house or restaurant. I'm looking forward to one day being able to return to these stories, but my retirement is a long way off :-)

1 comment:

  1. You left a copy of Octane at our place... Henry enjoyed reading it... he says "toot toot" whenever he sees a car :P

    ReplyDelete