Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 63 - Home mechanics

I'm an enthusiast for all things that have engines, but for much of the time I used to read about maintenance but pay others to do it. Since acquiring my club car I've taken on the maintenance myself with some help from friends. Today my motorcycle was on the operating table. I've owned the bike for about 3 years and only covered a measly 1250km, so it was technically overdue for its first 1000km oil change. I had bought the parts last year and decided that today was the day for action. I invited Jase over to help and when he arrived we got our hands dirty. Not having changed oil on a motorcycle before we worked out what all the drains were for and then new oil and filter were in. Now I need to build up those km's to a more respectable number.

No comments:

Post a Comment