Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 70 - Spectacular Canberra


This morning the Canberra Balloon Spectacular beckoned. Unfortunately we went to bed at past midnight the previous day so the 6am start time was not on the cards. When we arrived we were not too late for the display balloons, even though most had taken flight and left. Which probably leads one to an observation that today's photo doesn't contain balloons. The problem is that we saw so many places and events that I had a very tough choice on my hands for today's post. We wandered to Questicon where we went cheap by limiting ourselves to the displays in the lobby before moving onto the portrait gallery for morning tea which was not so cheap. The afternoon ended at the sculpture garden at the National Art Gallery where this photo was taken, my sister's son Henry loved dipping his fingers in the water and rekindled his friendship with his Aunty Dani. So to circumvent the rule of this blog being one photo per day I have posted a gallery of the day's activities in the link below - that's not cheating :-)

https://picasaweb.google.com/dfreke/CanberraSpectacular2012

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I didn't comment on this one! I like the way you've joined the photos so cleverly.

    ReplyDelete