Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 65 - Bin night

Since the inception of this blog I spend my days seeking photo opportunities. Sometimes those opportunities are slim and I am compelled to take photos at unusual times, places and objects which can get if not embarrassing, then at least a little self conscious. Tonight was one of those days as it drew to a close I was still photoless. But it was bin night, so without any other option I had my subject. I grabbed my camera and wheeled the bins down to the street, but a fellow neighbour was late too. Feeling a little odd that I was about to take a photo of a bin (albeit an intentionally creative one) and not wanting this spectator, I needed a plan. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and pretended I had a sudden and very urgent message to attend to. After what seemed like an eternity faking messaging on my phone, the coast was clear, I took my camera out of my other pocket and snapped my photo.

3 comments: