Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 67 - Fast ambitions

I can remember watching motor racing as far back as 1986 when Allan Grice won Bathurst in the Chickadee Commodore. So while I've held an ambition to race cars for many years it was only in the last few that I was able to realize it. The 'Sud that I found for this purpose had low km's (40k) but a measly 85hp when new. Undeterred I set about making some changes to the tyres and suspension and went racing. On the last outing the 'Sud was not well, the troublesome carburetor choked the engine and after three failed attempts to lap the circuit I called it a day. That was more than twelve months ago, which is evidenced by the blade of grass sprouting up through the rear bumper bar. However, the story of the 'Sud will not end there as there is a plan to turn it into a more serious contender - but it will have to wait its turn for when my plate becomes less cluttered. In the meantime it has become an ambition once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment