Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 69 - Operator faults


On our way to Canberra we often stop at Sutton Forest's McDonalds. It's definitely not for the coffee which resembles dishwashing water, but for the all important stop, revive & survive. This is a halfway point between Canberra and Sydney that isn't off the beaten track and despite the dubious coffee it is a popular place. It does amaze me that coffee could be this bad as the machine is the same as the one at Merrylands where I stopped often on the way to Bankstown during my flying days for those early starts. I can only assume it is an operator fault and that the budget to revamp their coffee quality was mostly spent on advertising. On this occasion we car pooled with my mother who decided to visit my sister and brother-in-law on the same weekend, so given the limited seating in my own car we took hers. After we all gave up on our beverages, I took over the driving duties for the final stretch. I'll get off my soapbox now :-)

2 comments:

  1. I would say the operators have been told how much coffee should/must be used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wanted to rant... I'm not looking for logical answers :-p

      Delete