Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7 - Shiny


In November last year my car turned 5 years old.  It was a not a logical choice, but a passionate one, preferring character over the more common practicality and reliability.  It has has done well in both of these latter criteria, however it has excelled in bringing a smile to my  face.   Over the last five years it has collected a few chips on the bonnet, a minor scratch on the rear and a few marks on the rims when my steering hasn't been up to scratch.   When we returned back from Nabiac on Friday it came back very dusty so I thought it was time to give the car a wash.  I then decided why not go the full hog and give it its first wax too?  With some cabana wax and polish for the scratch I set to work.  It is very satisfying seeing the fruits of a little elbow grease and after a couple of hours I had my nice shiny car back again looking almost as good as it did 5 years ago.

3 comments:

  1. Just in case you're after further satisfaction, there are two cars here that could do with your ministrations :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work David! Arsh remembers you as "Daddy's friend David, who drives an Italian car"! When are you coming over to this part of the world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amit, With racing suspended this year too I'm not sure when we'll be in Canberra next, but we'll definitely catch up next time we are - of course the same invitation is open to yourself when you guys visit Sydney next!

      Delete