Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20 - A long 30 minutes


With both Dani and I working during the week we look for ways to speed up the meal preparation without compromising on the taste.  So when I'm in a hurry I often use the 30 minute meal collection on www.taste.com.au and this week the Sweet & Sour Sesame Pork appeared in the search results.  There were three main components - the meat and batter, the sweet and sour sauce and rice.  The rice was easy, in the rice cooker, add water, press a few buttons and done.  The meat prepartion wasn't too hard, dicing the meat and adding the batter mix.  The sauce was simple too, throwing all the ingredients in a pot and simmer.  The meat was then deep fried, the food arranged on the plates and ready to eat 60 minutes after starting!  Whatever happened to the timing we'll probably never know, but the meal tasted great!

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/26894/sweet+sour+sesame+pork

2 comments:

  1. That always happens to me too... I think that they don't take certain things into account... like if the recipe says "diced onions" it assumes that they are diced already etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right - I'll have to look for the diced onions next time I'm in the supermarket :-P

      Delete