Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28 - How hard could it be?

I've long been a fan of Tissot watches, they aren't overly expensive but have a solid construction, are stylish and they did sponsor Sauber in the F1 championship in 1993. Yes that was a few years ago, so after spending many years eying them off I finally bought myself an example. The ownership went well until the battery ran out during our honeymoon in Santorini. I went to a local store to have the battery replaced - all was good until in the shower it fogged up and was on the verge of stopping. Dani and I returned to the store and the shopkeeper, George, couldn't have been more accommodating lending me another watch while mine was sent to Athens for repairs. After a wait of several months the watch returned home and all was good - until it stopped again. Being someone who likes a challenge I read a few websites and thought "how hard could it be?". I ordered a new movement (very cheap at $30) and some tools from EBay and proceeded to crack the case open. This was when it got hard - getting the pinion out of the movement has proven more difficult than the website suggested so this has become part 1 of the watch repair series. Don't try this at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment