Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 107 - A book report

When I was in high school, very few of my essays on the books we 'read' were not really based on having read the book. Since then I've grown into a much more eager reader - I guess the result of being able to pick the material myself. The latest book I've read is the biography of Eddie Jordan, the founder of the Jordan Grand Prix Formula One team. In short, the bits about his entry into motorsport and starting his own team were extremely interesting. He revealed his and others many deals, including his roadside carpet selling days to fund his racing. The book loses its interest as he loses his team, eventually selling it to a Russian. He talks of his life after motor racing which consisted of two things: golf and an almost narcissistic account of his charity work; I found myself skimming those chapters. For the F1 fan, worth the read: 3.5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment