Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 123 - A shattering conundrum


The glass on an iPad is the perfect surface for touch interaction, but not always the best to handle shock.  No, this is not my iPad, but my mother's.  On a trip up the north coast when unpacking in the rain it slipped, hit the tarmac and shattered.  Despite its rather broken look, it still works.  This leads to a conundrum: when to get it fixed?  To the non-iPad owner the answer may seem rather simple.  Before I joined the fold I was initially skeptical on how useful it would be, but to those who own one, being without it for an extended period of time is not a very appealing prospect.  I'm not sure what the withdrawal symptoms would be, involuntary hand motions on glass surfaces or computer monitors?  Who knows, but I will be observing ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment